As in most other European countries you have to pay taxes on Gran Canaria onyour income, your real estate, cars, etc., here are the most important include:

Income tax.
Above a certain income level, you must file a tax return "Declaración de la renta"before 30 Leave June each year. The tax return online you can now create (Spanish is a prerequisite), or turn on a tax advisor or advice in the tax office (Hacienda) leave.
Under a certain annual income, you are not obliged to submit a tax return. This is recommended but not always, because you need them, eg when you sign your children to school, etc.

Taxes on real estate
When buying a property you have the unique property transfer tax (Impuesto sobreTransmissiones Patrimoniales) pay. This is calculated from the deed given sales price and shall be collected at the Land Registry.
If your primary residence (tax residents) do not have to Gran Canaria, you need aso-called "tax representative", ie a person, the Spanish tax office for the"tangible" is if tax due on your property.
Once a year you will receive the "property tax" decision of the municipal office.The property tax is every November / December and due by the assessed valueof property is calculated.

Tax on Cars
The auto-warden taxes annually levied by the municipal office (February / March), amounting to a "normal" vehicle on average 50-70 .